HOA for the Lakeside Condominiums at The Isles on Palmer Ranch, Sarasota FL
Water conservation: We ask that you continue to be mindful of water usage. Toilet flappers should typically be replaced at least every three years. A small water leak can mean significant water bill increases that we all have to pay for.
- Buildings 5, 6 and 7 on Fossano will be painted in 2021, starting in mid-October. This means that all 12 buildings will have been repainted, and we plan to have at least five years, maybe more, before we need to start over on painting.
- Buildings 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Burgos will have roofs cleaned in 2021, in October. This will be using the same soft-wash process that was used last year on the Fossano buildings. Buildings 9, 10, 11 and 12 will be roof-cleaned in 2022. We will be on a three year rotational cycle from there.
- Clothes dryer vents were cleaned from the outside on every unit in January 2021. We will do this every other year.
- Driveway plantings: We recently replaced the driveway plantings on buildings 7, 8 and 9. We will see how these new plantings hold up and then decide how to proceed with the remaining buildings.
- Pest control service is done to the building perimeters every month by NaturZone. Inside service is available as needed at no additional cost to you. Call the NaturZone office at 941-378-3334 to schedule an appointment.
- Grill park: We expect to be keeping just one active grill. They are expensive to maintain, and they degrade quickly in the Florida weather. The northern-most grill has been removed.
Please note that the grill is for condominium residents only. The propane gas is part of the Lakeside HOA budget. Please be sure to take any trash with you when you are done with grill use. Thank you.
- Per Isles rules and regulations, all trash and recycling bins must be stored inside your garage.
- We have had problems in the past with sandhill cranes damaging lanai screens. Please do NOT feed any wildlife, so not to encourage them to come towards the lanais.
- It's a good idea to change your washing machine hoses every 5 years. You can buy them at Wal-mart.
- Second floor residents should be aware that some of your water supply lines run from the attic down (as opposed to coming up from the floor). When putting nails in the wall to hang pictures, consider proximity to sinks. Use the shortest nail possible.
- The only 2021 holiday where you'll put your trash and recycling out for Thursday pickup, instead of Wednesday, is Labor Day.
- If you are on contract with ADT for alarm reporting, you can get new ADT yard signs just by asking for them.
- Everyone should be encouraged to check your shutter hardware kits to make sure that you have enough wingnuts, bolts, nuts and washers to put your shutters up properly. Replacement hardware is available at local stores, and online. The time to buy it is now, not right before a storm.
- We are aware that there is a gradually developing issue with rusting lanai screws. If you have found the screws on your lanai to be developing significant rust, please notify us.
For second floor units, there is no easy way to replace the screws on the top frame. The best approach is to replace those screws when the screens are being replaced.
At whatever point you are going to replace your lanai screens, please notify the board in advance, and we will arrange to have someone onsite when your old screens are removed, to replace the screws.
- Window pane replacement: the best company we have found to deal with so far, is Window Panes Inc. Mark Smith. (941) 465-7813. Email is email@example.com. However, their prices have recently gone up quite a bit, so shopping around would be worthwhile. You might be able to get official hurricane strength windows for not much more money.
- Garage door issues: a) garage door springs are typically good for about 10 years, and then should be replaced. Banko Overhead Door is a good company to use for this job.
b) If your door opener starts NOT raising the door, but just hums instead, you may not need a new door opener! It could be the start run capacitor
which costs less than $15, and takes 20 minutes or less to install. It is not difficult to do. Contact Doug if you need more info.
|Links to products that we all have in our condominium homes, that need periodic replacement: